3 DIY Marketing Tips You Can Do in 2018 To Increase Your Business
Having a website and not doing anything with it is a little like having brochures designed and printed and then leaving them in your top drawer.
Google and other search engines are actually looking for websites that are engaging with the population, not just remaining static.
Obviously, cost is a main factor in building up and maintaining a practice so if you can take on a chunk of the marketing activity yourself then you save money. Also, what we find time and time again, is that the more people engage with their site the more they get enthused about updating it again – it’s like virtuous cycle. But, starting is always the hard part!
So, to get you into the groove, here are 3 simple things you can do to help your marketing in 2018:
WRITE UP YOUR NEWS ONCE A MONTH
“I must blog more” is the thing that everyone says and yet they never do because life takes over and, let’s face it, blogging is at the bottom of the to do list. The amount of websites I see that have half a dozen enthusiastic posts from June 2014 just after the site was built and then nothing is endless.
Ideally, you should do this weekly but for 2018 just try and do it once a month.
- Write down your 12 monthly blog post ideas now as it’s easier to put them together if you have a plan.
- Not sure what to write about? Check out other websites in your field and get inspiration. Your copy must be yours, but there’s nothing to stop you getting ideas. Remember, nothing is original anymore.
GET YOUR LISTINGS GAME ON
Some people do still use Yell and Thompson so it’s worth getting your listings set up with these people. Other websites you should consider:
- Local community websites
- Your affiliated hospital and clinic websites
- National healthcare & medical websites
- Organisations and bodies you are a member of
The benefits of having listings are threefold:
- Most are free
- Although Google dominate search some consumers do use niche listing and specialist websites so it’s definitely worth being listed
- Google is watching. It can see who is linking to you and your place in your specialist environment. The more people that link to you the more Google will realise you’re an expert and the higher up the rankings you’ll appear
SHOOT A VIDEO USING YOUR SMARTPHONE
I’ve been in marketing for two decades and can honestly say that the next revolution is video. The healthcare sector has been incredibly slow to adapt to this change.
The internet is turning into TV. My teenagers don’t read anything online and the trend is for everyone to watch more videos.
Three things you really need to know:
- YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every hour
- The healthcare market has been incredibly slow to adapt to this change and it’s highly likely that few of your competitors will have embraced video as a medium for promotion
Visit this page for a more detailed post on video production.
WE CAN HELP
You can do all these things yourself or you can get a family friend or a secretary or assistant to help. If you don’t have time, then BHM Media is a specialist healthcare consultancy who can work with you to get found online.
Contact Gavin on 0774 009 8092 or use the contact for below and we’ll give you a free assessment and choice of plans to help boost your business in 2018.