Want More Site Traffic? Write a blog
There are dozens of competing social media platforms and a thousand other ways to reach out to your potential clients, but there is still one proven method to get more traffic to your site: blogging.
According to HubSpot, companies that regularly update their sites with a blog or news feed receive an average of 55% more site visitors than those that don’t.
Blogging (or news updates, as I like to call them) is one of the most useful tools in your marketing armoury when you need to build awareness. And the best part is that it’s free.
An engaging blog can also improve your search engine optimization (SEO), which will, in turn, increase your online visibility and increase traffic to the site. Al,so a high rank on Google is an indicator that you are an expert in your field.
Blogs and thought pieces increase the size of your site so that in years to come your website becomes a rich source of information to prospective patients. And they can be recycled, posted to social networks or used in your own newsletters.
If you’re still sceptical, then one final point is that you own your blog. There is no platform that can change your position, no sudden charging, no mergers or closures that can take away the work you put in. Blogging is an investment.
What to Blog About | Thoughts on Healthcare Content Writing
Whenever I have the conversation with clients about blogging there is always the same question. What should I blog about?
Here are some suggestions
- Write about a recent case you have done and how the client felt before and after the treatment.
- Have a view on the news – for inspiration search Google for ‘News Alerts’ and you can get news on a relevant topic or keyword emailed straight to your inbox.
- What are others in your sector talking about – check into LinkedIn, get a feeling of what people are talking about and give your spin on it.
- Answer frequently asked questions. Your patients will always ask the same set of questions, so head them off at the pass, answer them before they see you.
- Write about your predictions. What will the future hold for a particular element of your practice and become a thought leader.
Do you want our help?
Our marketing packages start at £95 per month and include a regular blog post. If you want to start to lift your rankings, increase traffic and get more patients then drop us a line below and we’ll talk you through the options.